Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tyler Stout


The FP - Trailer from Trost Bros. on Vimeo.

I saw the poster above and knowing it was Tyler Stouts work I was instantly interested.  So I watched the trailer and, well, it looks like it could be a trailer for the worst movie ever.  And yes, this is real.  I guess its West Side Story for this generation.  You can see how far we have digressed.

Anyways, I figured this was a good time to show some work by Mr. Stout. His work is instantly recognisable as his, with his illustrator qualities and comic book style line work, yet these do little to  sacrifice any realism from his subjects.  He also normally works with a muted colour palette that utilizes one accent colour.  He does a few different subjects but he is most well known for his limited edition movie posters which are truly unique.  Click on any of the images below to visit his website and see more work.






1 comment:

  1. Some of what I am seeing here looks familiar like seeing a musclehead named Arnold Schwarzenegger when that was all here cared about was bodybuilding.

    ReplyDelete